Who We Are
Our software helps businesses deliver ads to specific companies and job titles as part of their marketing mix. We're leading the way in personalized advertising with our unique, patent-pending technology. Our product had been in market for a year, and we're growing like crazy. Join the swashbuckling journey to our next milestone: $10,000,000 in annual revenue.
We're a small, scrappy startup on the adventure of a lifetime. You'll enjoy our casual work environment and opportunity to do as much as you can handle. You will work directly with the founders to build and grow this company. Given our size and stage, every hour of your efforts will result in visible and rewarding results.
The Design & UX Associate can analyze tough problems, think through design challenges in a systematic way, and has experience completing most UX deliverables. This designer is familiar with UX best practices, and also brings fresh ideas to the table. This designer has a natural empathy for our users, and enthusiasm for the products and tools we are building. This designer is also interested in growing the company by helping the marketing team deliver impactful content and sales collateral.
- Work with the founders to think through existing and new features and flows
- Use an iterative design process to wireframe, prototype, and validate design ideas
- Collaborate with sales, support, and engineering to understand the user’s needs
- Manage your own project work and deadlines
- Contribute to building and growing the company through research, presentations, and internal projects
- Design marketing assets and collateral for the website, downloadable PDFs, and events
- Potentially assist with front-end development, specifically around CSS and design implementation
We’re looking for someone that can manage the chaos of a startup. The right person knows to ask great questions but doesn’t require a lot of handholding to get the job done. You must be self-motivated, confident, and hungry to learn. In return, we’ll give you the experience and opportunity to start a great career in software technology.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals—visual design, user-centered design, brand development, and how products are put together.
- Extreme empathy and understanding of the user, and a strong communicator of the user’s perspective throughout the design process.
- Self-starting attitude that is user-focused, detailed and solutions-oriented.
- A belief that UX is more than just UI, and includes all user-centered design activities from research, flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, annotations, and more.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Invision and anything else needed to get the job done.
- Willingness to take risks and fail (and fail again. And again)
- Ability to work efficiently and bias towards action in fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- A strong online portfolio available for viewing.
You will stand out if you have:
- Experience with B2B marketing software
- Experience implementing your designs in React or similar
Here's what we'll offer you:
- The opportunity to invent the future of marketing and advertising tech while growing your skills in multiple areas, with the aim of eventually specializing in the area you love the most
- We are growing. Fast. And you will be on the the ground floor. If you’re an amazing teammate, opportunities for growth are endless
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including health, dental, and 401K
- A work experience that is fulfilling, challenging, and provides a sense of adventure
- An incredible team of hackers and hustlers that care about your success
- All of the snacks, drinks, and coffee your heart desires
- Daily lunch from local restaurants and monthly team-building hangouts, like karaoke, ping pong, foosball, and more :)
- Both Part-time and Full-time opportunities are available
- Work and play in Manhattan and Hicksville (Long Island) with generous flex-time and remote work options
If you really want this job, send us a video cover letter (upload to YouTube, make it unlisted, and include the link).
Your cover letter must include the title of this job post to ensure you're not just mass-applying.